Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cherry Pie





Cherry Pie





2 pounds sour cherries pitted
1 ¼ cups white sugar
4 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon butter
¼ teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a saucepan combine cherries sugar and corn starch. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly and then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the juices thicken and become translucent. Remove from heat and add butter and almond extract. Mix thoroughly and pour into prepared pie crust. Cover with top crust and brush with a mixture of 1 egg white and 1 Tablespoon of milk beaten. Make several slits in top crust and bake 45 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown..


Blessings from The Holler


The Canned Quilter

8 comments:

  1. yummmmyyyy! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that looks soooo yummy. Some homemade vanilla icecream would be perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves cherry pie. He would be in heaven if I made this. I guess I can be nice and make it for him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks mighty good! I being a Southern woman have just joined to follow both of your blogs. Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, ya had me lickin' the screen at the header, cherry pie is just icin' on the cake!!!

    Does it get any better than this?

    God bless and have a fantastic weekend sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherry pie is my all time favorite. It looks delicious!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments. Those grand kids are a goon inspiration to build cool toys for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. am curious..are you discarding this blog and consolidating your recipes/food posts with the other one or do you just need encouragement to keep this one..am dealing w this issue w some of my STARTER blogs..trying to edit and work it all into the PAGES on Like Gramma's House blog. What I LOOOOOOOOOOVE is the title..if u r not going to keep this site maybe you could use the title for a stand alone page on the other blog? o well there's my unasked for 2cents worth. That's what i am doing with some of my material that I really don't want to lose.
    Jonell [ email: harrisonhouse@troycable.net or jonellharrison@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Discovered your site from "At the Farm" with Gail. You cook the way we cook; I'm from Illinois originally, and my folks cooked everything southers!

    ReplyDelete